Earning Your Seat at the Table with Elisabeth Wang – 2.7
It is the stuff of legends, at least in your organization. We’re talking about “The Table.” Some communicators enjoy a seat of honor at the table, while others are still working to earn theirs. If you’re feeling like you still haven’t found an empty seat, this episode is for you.
Today on the Internal Comms Procast, we’re talking with Elisabeth Wang, the Head of Internal and External Communications for Piedmont Healthcare.
Learn why earning your seat at the table is so important to the future success of you and your organization.
Below are Elisabeth’s five seat-earning tips:
- Build relationships with local leadership.
- Help leaders solve their problems and they will return the favor.
- Understand your organization’s big goals and align your work to help.
- Be transparent and accountable.
- Take on a stretch project.
Stay in touch with Elisabeth on Twitter @Elisabeth_Wang.